For all our most frequently asked questions please read below.
YES! It’s an important part of the process.
There’s a few things to consider – who are you bringing to your photoshoot? Will you include your pet? Do you have young children with set nap times? Is the indoor setting of the studio going to suit your needs best or would an outdoor nature setting be better? What will you wear? Which print products are right for you? Will you choose something for the wall? Something for the table?
We’ll get in touch with you as soon as you’re ready to get planning. You can book in a 15 minute phone or video zoom call at a time that suits you.
Sometimes it’s easier and more convenient – and comfortable – to hold the session in your own home and garden. Home is an ideal choice with baby sessions; it’s often the preferred option for people with limited mobility.
Outdoors provides a great natural environment and the Blackwood Forest provides a gorgeous background all year round. We have a ground cover for sitting on. If the weather is terrible on the day of your shoot, don’t worry, we reserve the same time the following week for you.
A week or so after your photoshoot you’ll receive a link to an online slideshow preview of your gallery. You can expect to see around 50 images in your slideshow depending on the type of session you’ve chosen. Generations sessions with more people generally have more photos to view.
This slideshow is available for 24 hours to give everyone in your family a chance to view your photos.
Don’t worry if you’re unsure about navigating the online ordering system.
I’ll include a brief video showing your around the online gallery. But you can always book a zoom call with me so we can explore your photos and purchasing options together.
Most people choose something for the wall, and something for the table.
We have 3 collections to make your ordering decision simple. Each collection includes a number of digital files, and a print credit.
Collections range from $950 – $1650. Jump over to the pricing and product page for all the details.
It depends! I make every effort to capture the best portraits in camera for the most natural look. Sometimes minor retouching is included in our production workflow eg. Noticeable skin blemishes. Special requests can sometimes be accommodated but specialised retouching would incur an additional fee. For example, if you would normally have your hair recoloured regularly, this should be organised before your photoshoot. If you have any concerns just ask – we’re always happy to chat! Your photo design meeting before your photoshoot is the perfect opportunity to ask any questions.
The good news, digital files are included with every collection. But we go one better than that. We offer MORE THAN just the digitals because it’s not a photograph until it’s printed!
Each collection includes a print credit so you can choose from mounted prints, linen covered lay-flat albums and framed artwork for the walls.
The ultimate goal in what we do is to come away from a family portrait experience with beautiful printed images that stand the test of time and will be proudly displayed in your home.
- You’re a busy Mum with lots of plates spinning in the air. I know because I’m a Mum too! I’m here to help you every step of the way.
- You don’t have to decide on a collection until after your photo session.
- Our affordable pricing options represent great value. There are three to choose from, starting at $950, available to explore on the pricing and products page.
- You’ll receive a printed purchasing guide at your portrait session and you can view our video guide here.
- We encourage you to send mobile phone snaps of your walls at home – imagine how amazing it feels to see framed print mockups featuring your family in your own home!
- Once you purchase a collection, your full online gallery opens for 28 days – plenty of time to choose your favourites.
We understand family portraits are an investment and we offer payment plans to suit your budget.
Afterpay is available, to spread 4 payments over 8 weeks.
For longer terms up to 12 months, we choose Aussie company Payright. They will pay 100% of your invoice balance on your behalf so you can enjoy your printed artwork as soon as it’s ready. A deposit of at least 10% is required, there is a $60 establishment fee and $5 monthly account keeping fee.
All the photos you order are backed up and archived safely. However, the studio is unable to keep any images that aren’t ordered more than 30 days.
We do offer payment plans to fit in with your budget.
Once you’ve seen your online slideshow, you’ll decide on Collection A, B or C.
You can pay by bank transfer, Afterpay, Paypal or credit card (including Visa, Mastercard and American Express). Payment plans up to 12 months are also available.
Production begins once you’ve purchased a collection.
Yes we do! All our framed enlargements and canvas artwork for your walls at home come with a 75 year guarantee. If there is a defect with any of your products, let us know within 30 days and we’ll provide a replacement. Refunds are not available due to change of mind.
The digital files are professionally and artistically retouched in-house at Hills Portrait Studio to achieve optimum colour and quality. They are provided at high resolution (300px) and may be reprinted up to an 8×10” size. We guarantee the colour and print quality of photos we print for you. You can make your own re-prints but please be aware, most consumer labs do not use archival quality ink and paper, and their colour tones may appear “off”.
When you receive your digital files, be sure to save them and back up online. Your digital files are backed up safely and archived with us – let us know if you would like us to provide a replacement set. The fee for this is $150.
Your digital files are professionally edit and delivered to you within 2-4 weeks.
Please allow 4-6 weeks for your artwork to arrive, depending on what/how much you’ve ordered, and the time of year.
At busier times such as Christmas, and since the Covid-19 pandemic, artwork can sometimes take slightly longer. Be sure to place orders by the end of November to guarantee delivery in time for Christmas.
Your initial investment is the sitting fee, which is due at the time of booking.
- $278 for family, newborn, baby and generations sessions
- $478 combined maternity and newborn sessions
The sitting fee does not include any images, printed or digital.
- All appointments are limited and are subject to availability
- We have a 48-hour cancellation policy if you need to reschedule, otherwise a new booking fee may be required (except for illness and hardship – at the studio’s discretion).
- If you change your mind and cancel your booking we require 14 day’s notice via email to email@example.com, for 100% booking fee refund (minus credit card charges).
- Rescheduling more than once may incur a new booking fee, except for when there’s inclement weather, sickness, Covid-19 pandemic government restrictions etc.
- If you have a Hills Portrait Studio gift voucher, your family portrait experience must be booked prior to the expiry date, but the actual photoshoot can take place up to three months after.
- $99 is required to secure your gift voucher booking, and is returned to you as a credit towards your photo order
- The booking fee will not be returned if you cancel your photoshoot with less than 14 days notice.
- Your gift voucher is not redeemable for cash, cannot be used with any other offer and is not transferable. Vouchers are valid for new sessions only, once per 12 months, per client.
- Your gift voucher does not include digital images – your printed and digital images are available for purchase.
- Gift voucher terms and conditions
The idea of being photographed can be daunting. That’s why I provide an easy, relaxing, fun experience, which is equally important as the photos themselves. With me, you and your tribe will feel safe and completely comfortable.